Co-Crew Chief: Paul Ricci
UH-1H Huey Specifications
|Country of Origin:||USA|
|B/N or Serial Number:||66-16779|
|Type:||Military Utility Helicopter|
|Accommodation:||Pilot and Copilot, Room for 14 troops|
|Powerplant and fuel system:||One 1,400 shp Avco Lycoming T53-L-13 Turboshaft|
|Performance:||Maximum Speed 127 mph
Hovering Ceiling In Ground Effect 13,600 ft
Service Ceiling 12,600 ft
Range w/ Maximum Fuel @ SL 318 miles
|Weights:||Empty Equipped 5,210 lbs
Mission Take-Off 9,039 lbs
Maximum Take-Off 9,500 lbs
|Dimensions:||Main Rotor Diameter 48 ft
Tail Rotor Diameter 8 ft 6 in
Length, Rotors Turning 57 ft 9.75 in
Height, Tail Rotor Turning 14 ft 5.5 in
Main Rotor Disc Area 1,809 sq ft
UH-1H Huey History
- Aug 67 The U.S. Army acquired this aircraft from Bell Helicopter in Fort Worth TX.
- Sep-Dec 67 Assigned Company A, 229th Aviation Battalion, 1st Air Cavalry Division, Republic of Vietnam (RVN) (an Assault Helicopter Company).
- (Operation Bolling, Phu Yen Province).
- 18 Nov 67 Suffered major damage to main rotor during a troop pick-up from a small LZ
- Jan 68 Assigned 355th Aviation Company, 4th Army, Fort Sill, OK
- (Assigned to stateside unit, but stayed in country.)
- Feb 1968-Mar 1969 Assigned Company A, 229th Aviation Battalion, 1st Air Cavalry Division, RVN.
- (Operation Pershing II, Binh Dinh Province).
- (Operation Jeb Stuart, near the DMV).
- (Operation Pegaus/Lam Son 207 relief of Khe Sanh).
- (Operation Carentan II, Quang Tri and Thua Thien Provinces).
- (Operation Delware/Lam Son 216, A Shau Valley).
- (Operation Jeb Stuart III, Quang Tri and Thua Thien Provinces).
- 02 Aug 68 Suffered major damage to main rotor while landing at Quang Tri LZ in Shar Province.
- 31 Jan 69 Hit in hover over LZ while dropping troops in Tay Ninh Province.
- Apr-Aug 69 Assigned Company C, 101st Aviation Battalion, RVN (Air-mobile Company).
- (Operation Lamar Plain, Quang Tin Province).
- 30 May 69 Suffered damage to main rotor from tree strike while hovering in LZ, Phu Bai Province.
- Ol Jun 69 Suffered major damage to main rotor from tree strike while hovering during Med-Evac, Camp Eagle, Phu Bai Province.
- 29 Jun 69 Suffered damage to main rotor from tree strike while landing in LZ to discharge troops, Phu Bai Province.
- 22 Jul 69 Suffered damage to main rotor from tree strike while landing, Phu Bai Province.
- Sep 69-Mar 70 Assigned Company C, 101st Aviation Battalion, 101st Airborne Division, RVN (Air-mobile Company).
- (Operation Randolph Glen, Thua Thien Province).
- (Operation Texas Star, Thua Thien Province).
- (Operations in Cambodia).
- Apr-Aug 70 Assigned B Troop, 2nd Squadron, 17th Cavalry, 101st Airborne Division, RVN (Aerial Reconnaissance)
- (Operations in Cambodia).
- (Operation Jefferson Glenn/Op Ord 13-70, Thua Thien Province).
- Sep-Dec 70 Assigned Bell Helicopter, Ft. Worth, TX
- Jan 71 Assigned Texas National Guard
- Feb 71 Assigned Aviation School, Ft. Rucker, AL.
- Mar-Apr 71 Assigned Supply Division, Ft. Rucker, AL.
- May-Jun 71 Assigned Aviation School, Ft. Rucker, AL.
- Jul 71-Jun 72 Assigned 281st Aviation Company, 5th Army, U.S. Army Reserves.
- Jul 72 Assigned 102nd Army Reverse Command, 5th Army, U.S. Army Reserves.
- Aug 72-Dec 75 Assigned 281st Aviation Company, 5th Army, U.S. Army Reserves.
- Dec 1975 to June 1976 102nd Army Reserve Command, 5th Army, US Army Reserves.
- July 1976 to April 1980 Company B, 24th Avn Bn, Ft Stewart, GA.
- May 1980 to February 1982 to unknown unit or units in Honduras.
- March 1982 to February 1988 West Virginia National Guard.
- It was badly damaged by a lightning strike in February 1988, repaired and handed over to the California National Guard in February 1989 and continued in service through July 1995.
- Handed over to PCAM 23 April 1996.
Vietnam Veterans Huey
Sonoma County Vietnam War Veterans
June 15, 1996
|Clinton Anderson||Duane Baumgardner||William Blessman||Thomas Bowen|
|John Brewer||James Bullington||Dean Burns||Charles Catelli|
|David Chancy||Christopher Clay||Mancol Clifton||Donald Coleman|
|Dale Davis||Ronald Doolittle||Charles Dorman||Gregory Dunn|
|Theodore Feland||Robert Fenton||Rickie Fisher||Edsall Frick|
|Frederick Haas||Joseph Hadley||David Harding||Michael Hourigan|
|Jason Hunnicutt||G.B. Jackson Jr.||David Kardell||Reginald Maisey Jr.|
|Ronald Marcrum||Rodney Marrufo Jr.||Sigurd Messer||John Mills|
|William Montgomery||Kevin Mulgrew||Thomas Oglethorpe||Gerald Parmeter|
|Lawrence Peterson||Thomas Phillips||Babe Pinole||Edward Rainford|
|Richard Renning||Cameron Rice||Joseph Rodrigues||Dana Rose|
|Robert Ruonavaara||Jerry Schroeder||Robert Schulse||Barry Searby|
|Robert Sharpless||Briggs Sicilia||John Snyder||William Thompson Jr.|
|Charles Torliatt Jr.||Stephen Weigt||Larry Wittler||Edwin Zumwalt|